Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Some light reading

I've got a small library of computer books that I like to pretend are the cream of the crop when it comes to computer books. I've split them up between work and home so that I have something to read in my downtime at work and something to impress visitors when at home.

Since I'm here at work, here's what I've got in my mini-library. Bruce Eckel's Thinking in Java. Steve McConnell's Code Complete. Bjarne Stroustrup's The C++ Programming Language.

Additionally, I've got some non-computer-related books laying around. Kodansha's Compact Kanji Guide. Kodansha Japanese-English Dictionary. Japanese for Professionals.

I also keep at least one book in my bag so that I have something to read during the train ride. For the past week or so it was The DaVinci Code. From today it is something a little more technical, The Practice of Programming.

If there's anything that I've really gained here in Japan, it is time to read all these books that I've been collecting over the past 10 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home